Saturday, October 10, 2009

A visitor!

Allyssa came to visit us for one whole week. We were so excited and happy that she came and stayed with us. We love it when people come to visit us. This is a picture of Sean and Adam smiling about Allyssa.My wonderful Michael made us breakfast in bed the first morning she was here. Look at this beautiful plate. I'm also secretly married to a professional chef.
Not only did we get bfast in bed we also got two smiley faces welcoming us to morning time.

She got in late Fri night and the next day on Sat we went to the Neptune Festival in VA beach. We were excited to see a parade and a sandcastle competition.



They were throwing out candy and other treats. Liam and Sean were sure to catch many treats.


Here is Adam. He caught a necklace and some suckers.

Allyssa helping the kids with sandcastles.

Always a sign of a good day. Sleeping children are happy children. The boardwalk was filled with lots of booths and fun things to see.
While Allyssa was here we made these delicious cake pops from Bakerilla.com. This treat has become my favorite treat ever. I just made some cute pumpkin ones last night.

Here we are at the zoo. Here in VA we have beautiful trees and flowers. We were very happy that Allyssa could hang out with us all week. She watched my kids while I went to a Pres. mtg and she watched the kids so that Michael and I could go out to dinner by ourselves. The kids loved having her here and she has been in all of Sean's prayers since she left.


This is a buzz lightyear costume that Grandma sent us. Dolores always sends the best stuff. We have an entire library of good books thanks to her. Sean occasionally believes that he is Buzz Lightyear so this costume was perfect. Thanks Grandma.
Adam says cheese now when I take his picture. He's one of the cutest people I know. He's such a happy little person and he's so fun to be around.

6 comments:

Mom St. John said...

Sean looks great at Buzz Lightyear. Thanks for the pic. love, G-ma

Erin said...

1. I can't believe how grown up Adam looks. He is adorable.
2. I really want you to make me some cake pops.
3. Are you serious about Denver in November? Because it is not nice to tease me.

Allyssa said...

I'm sure glad I came to visit. I had so much fun with you and your boys! Mmmmmh pumpkin cake pops!?! Was the dipping easier?

Jen christensen said...

Erin and I think alike. I was thinking all those things.

LeAnn said...

I found you!!!

I'll send you an invite to my blog...

Anna said...

You have had SO many visitors since you guys moved out there, you have a great great family :) Visitors are the best.

Love the pictures. And is Adam walking?! He's standing so sure in one of the pictures! Wow, he is growing up so quickly! Shelley, you have some very cute boys!