Sunday, September 13, 2009

Liam goes to school!

Liam started school this past week. We started out with a little blessing on Monday night for part of FHE. That was good and Liam was cute.
Tues. morning it was pouring rain and a bit chilly so dressed him warm and sent him off. I was a wreck but Liam was brave. He sure is cute and he is so grown up.

Now that Liam and Michael are at school all day, Sean, Adam and I hang out together. At times I wonder where my Liam is but this is a good thing.
Adam and Sean have been playing a lot. Sean can make Adam laugh like no one else can. Sean is also proud bc he taught him how to go down the stairs in our house. I sure love these cute boys.

Here we are picking him up from day #1. He's happy and good. He had nothing but positive things to say about his day. He tells me about the little butterflies that represent the students and how the butterflies stay high in the sunshine if they are good but if they are bad they sink down near the snakes. So far his butterfly is high every day. He must love school like I did when I was a kid. Michael told him to always hang out with the butterflies who fly high. I thought this was all very cute. His school is on a very large piece of land with tons of grass and beautiful trees that grow flowers.
Since Michael has started school he is very busy so it's just me and the boys most of the time. Since Liam was gone every day we decided to head to the beach on Sat. We loaded up the bikes in the truck and hung out in VA beach. We rode on the boardwalk and explored and then the kids played in the ocean.
They can play with sand for hours. Adam took an almost two hour nap on the beach towel so I got to lay and enjoy the sun while Liam and Sean played. It was good.
This is Sean in the bike trailer after the long day. He fell asleep and I just had to take the picture from the side bc Liam and I were cracking up.

Sean is my cute little man, especially in this picture.

This is me making my usual sausage and pancakes. We don't start church until 1 so it is nice to have a good breakfast before church. There is Adam, my counter sidekick who enjoys being next to me almost every moment of his life. I should enjoy it while it lasts but sometimes I wish Jenny were here so I could take a little break.
As some of you remember from an earlier post, we planted a garden when we first got here and this is a pic of our tomatoes. We had wonderful basil and green peppers. Our corn didn't really make it but it was fun having a garden. We'll keep planting stuff and see how it goes.
Anyway, over Liam had a great first week. We're happy about that. I'm so glad he likes it and I'm glad he's happy. I hope it stays that way.












5 comments:

Jen and Emma said...

Oh I wish I was there to help you too! Actually I wish you were here with all your peeps! Liam is so cute on his first day of school! Good work Liam! We love you and miss you.

Erin said...

You have become such a good blogger! I am resolved to be good like you although I don't have nearly as interesting things to say. I love the update and I loved catching up with you on webcam last night. Let's do it again okay?

Allyssa said...

I love that picture of Sean sleeping too. It's so cute! You are looking very skinny these days! I can't wait to come out and see you next week :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Liam is so grown up and such a good example to his brothers. You guys are so lucky to live at the beach!

Twila and Jon Warner Family said...

Go Liam! I'm happy to hear he's doing so well. He looks really tall and old--that part bums me out a little, but mostly--Go Liam!