Sunday, March 28, 2010

March

Our month in March has been a good one. The sun has been out more, only a few gloomy droomy days. Still rain, it's no wonder there is so much green and flowers here. It is plenty wet.

Sean has been asking about watermelon for a loooong time so I finally got some the other day at Costco. He loves watermelon and could eat it with every meal. Here he is with his pile of watermelon that he devoured.

He's pretty cute this kid. He's loving his once a week school group and he has a really good friend named Colin. They hang out a lot. Sean says that Colin is like Abe, (his best bud in CO). We like Colin and we're happy when he comes over to our house.

Here is Adam eating his watermelon naked. Why not? Mostly I'm loving this picture because of his very cute bottom. My kids come out and get chubby chubby and have these cute little bottoms but they go away with age. Liam now has a skinny little bum but this cute little Adam has quite the cute little body.
Don't you people agree with me? Plus you can't really post these kind of pics once the kid passes age 2 so we gotta take advantage of these cute pics.
Here is Liam. The kids all got dressed up in the costumes and then came down to show me. Liam loves to climb on the counter and work the ipod. He turns it to his favorite pirate music and then blasts it in the house. He reminds me of his father sometimes. Michael also loves to blast music, his is a bit different than pirate music though.
These boys are so cute. They mostly play very well together and they are both so good with Adam and helping him out. Sometimes we forget that Adam is only 1 because he sometimes acts like he is 4,5,6.
Here is Adam sitting on the kitchen counter helping me as usual. Adam is still one happy kid. He cracks us all up. He too loves to sing, dance and play.
Here is Michael, family to follow. Since we live here in Norfolk by ourselves our family pics are often split up. The kids were over it by this pic so Michael got to stand alone. Notice our CO flag that still hangs in front of our house. That was on our house when Michael first drove me here. I sure love Michael. I miss him and can't wait for this school thing to be over so he can be back in our life. I guess this picture is kind of fitting because he is often alone studying and studying while me and the boys live life. Thank you Michael for setting up our financial future.
Here is the rest of us. We're off to church. I am the primary chorister and Michael is a teacher for the Young Men. The kids like the big primary and church is lovely. Gladys Knight recently came and rocked out in our Stake center. I wish we could have a bit more of that action in our church. Like Galdys said, sometimes we just need to say "Amen" or "Thank the Lord Jesus" out loud. And sometimes we need to sing with a bit more passion. Her fireside was good and I was thankful for the opportunity to go.
My very cute boys. Sure love these guys. They are my favorite little peeps.
This is the flower bouquet that Liam arranged for me. Like I said, with all the rain there are all kinds of spontaneous flowers and rose trees that grow here. It is very beautiful. We have tons of theses yellow flowers in our back yard and then we have a beautiful rose tree in our front yard. Liam put rocks on the bottom, then water and then flowers. He is so sweet.

We sometimes go to the dollar tree and find "treasure". We found kites for a dollar so we each picked one and flew kites. We took them to the ocean and also flew them in the front yard. They worked quite well for being so cheap. Thank goodness for the dollar tree.
Adam is kind of cute in this pic. Sean and Liam were very good kite fliers and then Adam just dragged his kite behind them thinking he was just like them.Do you people see how big Liam is? He is one long skinny boy. He is one considerate cute boy. He is a good mix of Michael and I. Hopefully he got both of our good traits and none of our bad traits. He really is a pleasure to have around. He loves school, he LOVES art and doing projects and he is quite the artist.
Here is little Adam. He loves shoes and he loves to put on everyone and anyone's shoes. Here he is looking out as Liam leaves for school wishing he could go and wearing Sean's shoes. He loves to watch as either Liam or Michael leave for school. He says bye over and over.
So Michael had a week off in March and on the Monday night of his break he came into the living room and handed me papers with my flight info and hotel info for a trip to New York. He said he would watch the kids and I should go there and have fun and have a little break. I was a bit shocked but it was a done deal so I started to pack. I got a hold of Janet Zamboni who is living in Manhattan for a year and hooked up with her. She was very helpful and we had a lot of fun hanging out. It was my first time to New York and this place is HUGE and I love it. I'm ready to go back already.
I got in Tues around noon and caught a cab to my hotel which faced the West side of Central Park. I met up with Janet shortly after. We went to the Gershwin Theater to check out how much tickets were for Wicked. I've never seen it but I've only heard good things. We found out they were sold out that night but had a ticket for $250 the next night. I had heard about the lottery so we stuck around for that. We each filled out a ticket and waited to see if they would call our names. Janet had another show that she was scheduled to go to and she was just helping me out. There were about 300 people there and 26 tickets were given out at $26.25 per ticket for the front row. We waited and waited and the second to last name called was Janet Zamboni. It was quite lucky but maybe meant to be. So I got my ticket and then we had a few hours to kill before the show so she took me to a Cuban restaurant. I had fish with a mango sauce and yummy flavored rice and black bean soup. It was yummy. We also had mango drinks. She bought me dinner and said Happy bday. It was sooo soo nice. Then we went to our separate shows. Wicked was indeed wicked. I got to see it on Broadway at the Gershwin Theater. Wow.This is my hotel. I went for some strolls in Central Park. On Wens we met up for the St. Patrick's Day parade on 5th Ave. That was fun. Then we went to the village and had some New York pizza and then Janet bought us tickets for an off Broadway show called Our Town. It was a really fun night.

On Thursday we met up and went to the building that houses the chapel and the temple. It is right off Columbus circle really in the middle of all the action. Prime spot, and just a ten minute walk from Janet's place. We went to a religion class they have for R.S. sisters. That was fun, lots of talent and education there. I liked that a lot. After the class we went to a session at the temple. After that I did some shopping on Madison Ave and 5th Ave. I found this one store that had lots of clothes. It seemed like everything there was different from everything else and it had all come off a sewing machine of some talented person. The prices were amazing. I bought some really pretty skirts for 15 to 20 each. I found a cute shoe store and bought some shoes but I'm glad I didn't save too much time for shopping because that could have been financially bad. Janet kept me very bust with lots of New York fun.
If you haven't been here, you should try to go. It is HUGE. Michael is my most favorite husband. He sure is spontaneous, adventurous, and you just never know what he's got up his sleeve. He and the boys stayed home and got the yard cleaned up, he planted some nice spring flowers and he dug a fire pit in the backyard. They all roasted mellows and hot dogs while I was gone. I came home to a clean house and worn out kids. Thank you to my Michael who always thinks of me before himself and knew that I would have a blast in New York. Next time I go it will be with him. I can't wait.
Anyway, thanks for reading this long post. Sorry if it was too long. One day these blogs will hopefully be used as records of our lives.
This week I get to go to CO. Liam's spring break is coming and we will be visiting everyone for Easter and other fun things. We're excited. Michael will stay here and continue to expand his mind with anesthesia facts that will help him to be a good anesthetist one day. He has some pretty hard tests coming up and is grateful that we will be busy in CO while he is gone learning. So far that kid has gotten straight A's and has already been in the OR intabating patients while teachers tell him that he does a good job pretending like he's not nervous. Good job Michael. One day this will all be worth it.
Ok, have a nice day.

10 comments:

Jennie said...

Good post. I am so glad you had a good trip to NYC. I have always wanted to go, and when I saw your Facebook status, I just wanted to jump on a plane and meet you. As I am sure a lot of people did. I am glad Janet was there. And that is so cool that you got the ticket to Wicked.

Oh, and Adam does have a really cute bum.

Teri said...

Oh how I love long Shelley posts. First, we are jealous of the nice weather and flowers (I love daffodils), this week is supposed to be real nice here though, I hope it is nice for when you get here (I am so excited). Adam does have a cute bum. Sean is always sooo cute. And Liam is huge. Glad you had fun in NYC, I think we should all go sometime for a non-crafting craft weekend. Sound good?

Allyssa said...

Cute pictures!!! Man, I wish I could have been there in NYC with you. It looks amazing! one day...

Allyssa said...

and hope you have a GREAT day!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY you 30 year old woman! wooooweeee

Erin said...

I LOVE long posts from Shelley. So many things to talk about from this one. Adam's bum is still the cutest. Your boys are looking so grown up and cute. NYC is one of my most favorite places in the world--SO glad you have such a nice husband to give that trip to you. And finally...see you in CO in less than 2 weeks!!! So. Excited.

Jen and Emma said...

What a fun post! I miss you guys greatly! Still jealous about Wicked...See you soon!

LeAnn said...

Shelley, did you know there's a bus that goes up to NYC and it's only $50? Jenn Strick.... and Jenna... (she moved to Utah just before you got here) took the bus up and had a blast as Jenna's "Good-bye East Coast" trip. We've all dreamed about doing that together someday. ...someday....

I loved your post and I love your little family!!!

Anna said...

Happy birthday, Shelley!!!

Glad you got to have some "just for me" fun in NYC- isn't it the best?? What a nice husband!

Hope you have a lovely birthday! And PS, great post :)

Steph said...

Wicked? At the Gershwin? Seriously? Dream... I am glad you had such a great time. I love New York! And I am glad the sun is coming out for you. You are great!!!

Misty said...

Cute family! We miss you guys.